FTA and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) will co-host a webinar, Value Capture and Transportation Projects, that will provide background on economic and implementation considerations and cover strategies such as impact fees, special assessment districts, and air rights sales/leases. FHWA and FTA case studies on these topics will be discussed. Staff will take questions live and through the chat pod following the session.
- Stefan Natzke, FHWA National Systems and Economic Development Team
- Rabinder Bains, FTA Office of Budget and Policy
- Thay Bishop, FHWA Center for Innovative Finance Support
- Daniel Schned, FTA Office of Budget and Policy
Registration for non-DOT participants:
- Request access to the FHWA External Portal
- Log in using your email address and requested password
- See detailed instructions on how to request an account
- New account requests fulfill in approximately one business day
Federal DOT staff and DOT-badged contractors do not need to register for an account and can directly register for the webinar
This webinar is the second of a three-part series focusing on economic development issues. The final webinar in the series, Understanding Local and Regional Economic Development, will be held at 2 p.m. EST Wednesday, October 11 (registration details to follow).