Welcome to the Transit Award Management System (TrAMS), FTA’s platform to award and manage federal grants. TrAMS was created to provide greater efficiency and improved transparency and accountability. FTA deployed TrAMS in February 2016 to provide an efficient, user-friendly, and flexible tool to award and manage grants and cooperative agreements and to strengthen the integrity and consistency of our award and management financial and programmatic information. TrAMS replaced the Transit Electronic Award Management (TEAM) system which had been in operation since 1998.
Operating Status: Open (next scheduled maintenance November 5, 2017)
Have a TrAMS account? Log in
Recent TrAMS News
FTA continues to refine TrAMS to improve efficiency and ease of use. Here are a few of the most recent changes:
- At 8 p.m. EST September 22, TrAMS closed for FY 2017 financial activities. This is part of standard procedure to allow FTA to conduct its annual year-end financial reconciliation. Financial transactions such as funds reservation, grant obligation and award, deobligations and financial purpose code/scope code transfers are now restricted. Users can continue to use TrAMS for non-financial functions. We will post an update when TrAMS re-opens for FY18 financial activities.
- An Appian platform software upgrade was deployed May 27, 2017. Users will now notice new fonts and the navigational buttons at the top of the screen. The underlying functionality did not change.
- A "create application format" was deployed on May 5, 2017 in TrAMS. The new format applies to any new application, amendment or closeout created after May 5 in TrAMS. The guidance document was updated to reflect additional changes made to the create application format and how the questions may be modified during post award on June 23, 2017.
- For reimbursement and refund information, see our Disbursement Report Tip Sheet. You can find this report under the "Reports" tab.
- To manage cyclical and closeout FFR/MPR reporting tasks, see our Closeout Amendment Tip Sheet. The tip sheet includes tips on completing a closeout with the new application format that includes the Executive Summary Questions (ESQs).
- A new Developer Transmit Function has been added in TrAMS. The Developer User Role now has the ability to transmit the initial application to FTA for review.
- A tip sheet for the Changes to Cooperative Agreements has been published. Recipients who have a cooperative agreement, will be required to select the appropriate FTA office to validate and transmit your application.